This course is now offered entirely by distance...
...but specifically approved by the NARM board to qualify as a "hands-on" Category 1 course for their Midwifery Bridge Certificate!
The new format includes:
- on-demand videos and quizzes
- printable PDFs to use in your practice
- a supply kit at your doorstep (included in registration - details below)
- a live, small-group Zoom practice session and Q&A w/the instructor
- a live, one-on-one Zoom final exam w/the instructor
Taught by Holly Scholles, MA, CPM, LDM, this course provides both lecture, and ample hands-on skills practice.
- Safety Issues
- How to assess genital injury, including for third and fourth degree injury
- How to plan the repair
- Interrupted Sutures
- Basting Stitch, Locked Blanket Stitch, and Locked Mattress Stitch
- Anesthetic Administration
- Instrument Ties
- Special skills for labial repair
- Proper charting for suturing
This course is designed to meet the requirements of the hands-on Category 1 course for the NARM Midwifery Bridge Certificate, and for the new "LD&D Renewal" for Oregon LDMs.
Approved by MEAC for 8 hours of CE. Approval number M1920-87-0529DE.
Midwives of Color/Student Midwives of Color may receive a partial scholarship for this course. Please email jesica@HiveCE.com to request this scholarship.
“This course was very thorough and comprehensive. I learned quite a bit and look forward to adding it to my suturing process!”
“This course was very thorough and comprehensive. I learned quite a bit and look forward to adding it to my suturing process!”→Read Less
“Holly has included a lot of GREAT information and tips on techniques in this class. I really like the visual aids in the suturing process. Thanks, Holly, for another great class!”
“Holly has included a lot of GREAT information and tips on techniques in this class. I really like the visual aids in the suturing process. Thanks, Holly, for another great class!”→Read Less
You will be sent a supply kit that includes the following:
- foam block w/"tears"
- instruments: a needle holder, Russian style forceps, hemostat, and scissors
- 5 packets of CT-1 3-0 Vicryl
- a chux pad to use as your "sterile field"
- a clear ruler to measure the tear and your stitches
- a metal file (to mark your own instruments with, if you have them!)
- a clamp stand that fits all phones and tablets, for you to use during your final exam w/Holly (so she can see your stitches up close!)
The supply fee is included in the fee for this course, but the kit will need to be returned after the course.
MA, CPM, LDMholly@birthingway.edu