2. The participant will recount how to provide patient access to records as well as how to protect and transfer health records.
3. S/he will list the legally necessary forms to document HIPAA compliance and implement required updates for changes that have occurred within the past 5 years.
Please see the Course Curriculum below for a full list of what this course includes. (And if you'd like to purchase ready-to-personalize forms, please see the bundle option at the very bottom of the page.)
Please note: This is the employee training version, and you will NOT receive a MEAC CE Certificate upon completion.
If you wish to take this course for MEAC continuing education credit, please enroll here.
Cartoon by R.J. Romero and used with permission.
- Study Guide
- Video 1.1: Introduction
- Video 1.2: Permitted uses without written authorization of the patient
- Video 2.1: Record Requests
- Video 2.2: Websites and Social Media (FACEBOOK!)
- Quiz 2
- Video 3.1: Written Policy of Privacy Practices
- Video 3.2: Notice of Privacy Practices
- Video 3.3: Business Associates, Employee, and Volunteer Agreements
- Quiz 3
- Video 4.1: General Protections for Communication, and Snail Mail
- Video 4.2: Just The Fax
- Video 4.3: Mobile Devices
- Video 4.4: Email Policy
- Video 4.5: Texting
- Video 4.6: Email and Texting Handout
- Quiz 4
- Video 5.1: Paper Charts In The Office
- Video 5.2: Paper Charts Out Of The Office (Homevisits! Apprentice documentation!)
- Video 5.3: Office Computers
- Video 5.4: Closing Your Practice
- Quiz 5
- Video 6.1: Resharing
- Video 6.2: The Checklist
- PDF: The Checklist
- Quiz 6
- Bonus Section!
- HIPAA Exceptions During Covid-19
- Completion Certificate
“Maryl did a great job and the handouts were a blessing!”
“Maryl did a great job and the handouts were a blessing!”→Read Less
“Thank you for putting together a straight forward informational course”
“Thank you for putting together a straight forward informational course”→Read Less
“Compliance with HIPAA can feel overwhelming and very alien to my practice setting. Maryl explains everything HIPAA in a clear and organized way, with information that applies to my small practice and to larger practices. And the tools which she ...”→Read More
“Compliance with HIPAA can feel overwhelming and very alien to my practice setting. Maryl explains everything HIPAA in a clear and organized way, with information that applies to my small practice and to larger practices. And the tools which she provides make it so straightforward and easy to become HIPAA compliant. The information on HIPAA and social media, email, and mobile devices was especially helpful. An excellent workshop!”→Read Less
“really great”→Read Less