2. The participant will recount how to provide patient access to records as well as how to protect and transfer health records.
3. S/he will list the legally necessary forms to document HIPAA compliance and implement required updates for changes that have occurred within the past 5 years.
Please see the Course Curriculum below for a full list of what this course includes. (And if you'd like to purchase ready-to-personalize forms, please see the bundle option at the very bottom of the page.)
This course has been approved by MEAC and OBNM for 3 hours of continuing education. The MEAC approval number for this course is M1718-63-0131DE, and this approval is current through January 23rd, 2020.
Accepted by the NARM Bridge program for Category III.
Cartoon by R.J. Romero and used with permission.
- Study Guide
- Video 1.1: Introduction
- Video 1.2: Permitted uses without written authorization of the patient
- Video 2.1: Record Requests
- Video 2.2: Websites and Social Media (FACEBOOK!)
- Quiz 2
- Video 3.1: Written Policy of Privacy Practices
- Video 3.2: Notice of Privacy Practices
- Video 3.3: Business Associates, Employee, and Volunteer Agreements
- Quiz 3
- Video 4.1: General Protections for Communication, and Snail Mail
- Video 4.2: Just The Fax
- Video 4.3: Mobile Devices
- Video 4.4: Email Policy
- Video 4.5: Texting
- Video 4.6: Email and Texting Handout
- Quiz 4
- Video 5.1: Paper Charts In The Office
- Video 5.2: Paper Charts Out Of The Office (Homevisits! Apprentice documentation!)
- Video 5.3: Office Computers
- Video 5.4: Closing Your Practice
- Quiz 5
- Video 6.1: Resharing
- Video 6.2: The Checklist
- PDF: The Checklist
- Quiz 6
- Link to OBNM Post-Test and CE Certificate
- MEAC Evaluation Form
- Link to MEAC Post-Test and CE Certificate
“really great”→Read Less
“Maryl did a great job and the handouts were a blessing!”
“Maryl did a great job and the handouts were a blessing!”→Read Less
“Thank you for putting together a straight forward informational course”
“Thank you for putting together a straight forward informational course”→Read Less
HIPAA forms - all ready for you to personalize with your practice information!
HIPAA Heroes Bundle
Billing for Midwives
Get Those Ducks In A Row: 15.5 hours of continuing education in HIPAA, Billing, and cCHD Screening