This course has been approved by MEAC for 6 hours of continuing education. The approval number for this course is M1819-71-0627DE, and this approval is current through June 7th, 2021.
Please note this course is for continuing education, and may be used for NARM CPM renewal as Category I (accredited CEUs). It may not be used to fufill the requirements for NRP or CPR training.
Music credit: www.bensound.com
Questions? Email jesica@HiveCE.com
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 What is BRN?
- 1.3 First, Do The Calm
- Printable PDF: BRN Common Reasons for Resuscitation
- 1.4 Common Reasons for Resuscitation
- Printable PDF: BRN Basic Points
- 1.5 BRN Basic Points
- 2.1 Alveoli
- 2.2 Blood Volume
- 2.3 Normal Hypoxia of Labor
- 2.4 Lung Fluid
- 2.5 The Importance of Delayed Cord Clamping
- 2.6 Eight Ways to Provide Biodynamic Care Immediately After the Birth
- Article: World Health Organization Review of Room Air vs Oxygen for Resuscitation
- 3.1 Oxygen Use For Newborns
- 3.2 O2 Saturation in the Newborn
- Printable PDF: Downfalls of Using Color Assessment
- 3.3 Color Assessment
- 3.4 When To CONSIDER Using Oxygen
- 3.5 What About Blow By?
- 4.1 A Biodynamic Environment During Resuscitation
- Printable PDF: BRN A Step At A Time
- Printable PDF: BRN Algorithm (Flowchart)
- 5.1 Immediate Assessment (first 30 seconds)
- 5.2 Stimulation
- 5.3 Postural Drainage
- Printable PDF: BRN Identifying A Preterm Newborn
- 5.4 Preterm Infant Transport
- 5.5 What About Meconium?
- 5.6 At 30 seconds...
- Printable PDF: What to include on the resuscitation tray
- 6.1 Setting Up The Tray
- Article abstract: Oronasopharyngeal suction versus wiping of the mouth and nose at birth: a randomised equivalency trial.
- 6.2 The Downfalls of DeLee
- 6.3 The (Surprising!) Correct Use of the Bulb Syringe
- 6.4 Don't Forget To...
- 6.5 The Dangers of Intubation
- Article: The laryngeal mask airway and its use in neonatal resuscitation: a critical review of where we are in 2017/2018.
- 6.7 The BV in BVM for PPV
- 6.8 Choosing the Correct Mask, To Use Correctly
- 6.9 Using The BVM
- 7.1 At 36 seconds...
- 7.2 Mouth to Mouth
- 7.3 Mouth to Mouth Practice
- 7.4 BVM Inflations
- 7.5 Putting It Together Through Inflations
- 7.6 Practice Makes Perfect
- 8.1 Ventilations
- 8.2 Practicing Ventilations
- 9.1 When and Why Chest Compressions May Be Needed
- 9.2 Preparing for Compressions
- 9.3 Performing Chest Compressions
- 9.4 Considerations for Compressions
- Article: Effect of umbilical cord milking in term and near term infants: randomized control trial.
- 9.5 Practicing 1&2&3&Breathe
- 10.1 Single Provider Resuscitation
- 10.2 Two Provider Resuscitation
- 10.3 Real Time Resuscitation
- Link to MEAC Post-Test/CE Certificate
MA, CPM, LDMholly@birthingway.edu