This course has been approved by MEAC for 6 hours of continuing education. The approval number for this course is M1819-71-0627DE, and this approval is current through June 7th, 2021.
Accepted by the NARM Bridge Program for Category II.
Please note this course is for continuing education, and may be used for NARM CPM renewal as Category I (accredited CEUs). It may not be used to fufill the requirements for NRP or CPR training.
Music credit: www.bensound.com
Questions? Email jesica@HiveCE.com
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 What is BRN?
- 1.3 First, Do The Calm
- Printable PDF: BRN Common Reasons for Resuscitation
- 1.4 Common Reasons for Resuscitation
- Printable PDF: BRN Basic Points
- 1.5 BRN Basic Points
- 2.1 Alveoli
- 2.2 Blood Volume
- 2.3 Normal Hypoxia of Labor
- 2.4 Lung Fluid
- 2.5 The Importance of Delayed Cord Clamping
- 2.6 Eight Ways to Provide Biodynamic Care Immediately After the Birth
- Article: World Health Organization Review of Room Air vs Oxygen for Resuscitation
- 3.1 Oxygen Use For Newborns
- 3.2 O2 Saturation in the Newborn
- Printable PDF: Downfalls of Using Color Assessment
- 3.3 Color Assessment
- 3.4 When To CONSIDER Using Oxygen
- 3.5 What About Blow By?
- 4.1 A Biodynamic Environment During Resuscitation
- Printable PDF: BRN A Step At A Time
- Printable PDF: BRN Algorithm (Flowchart)
- 5.1 Immediate Assessment (first 30 seconds)
- 5.2 Stimulation
- 5.3 Postural Drainage
- Printable PDF: BRN Identifying A Preterm Newborn
- 5.4 Preterm Infant Transport
- 5.5 What About Meconium?
- 5.6 At 30 seconds...
- Printable PDF: What to include on the resuscitation tray
- 6.1 Setting Up The Tray
- Article abstract: Oronasopharyngeal suction versus wiping of the mouth and nose at birth: a randomised equivalency trial.
- 6.2 The Downfalls of DeLee
- 6.3 The (Surprising!) Correct Use of the Bulb Syringe
- 6.4 Don't Forget To...
- 6.5 The Dangers of Intubation
- Article: The laryngeal mask airway and its use in neonatal resuscitation: a critical review of where we are in 2017/2018.
- 6.7 The BV in BVM for PPV
- 6.8 Choosing the Correct Mask, To Use Correctly
- 6.9 Using The BVM
- 7.1 At 36 seconds...
- 7.2 Mouth to Mouth
- 7.3 Mouth to Mouth Practice
- 7.4 BVM Inflations
- 7.5 Putting It Together Through Inflations
- 7.6 Practice Makes Perfect
- 8.1 Ventilations
- 8.2 Practicing Ventilations
- 9.1 When and Why Chest Compressions May Be Needed
- 9.2 Preparing for Compressions
- 9.3 Performing Chest Compressions
- 9.4 Considerations for Compressions
- Article: Effect of umbilical cord milking in term and near term infants: randomized control trial.
- 9.5 Practicing 1&2&3&Breathe
- 10.1 Single Provider Resuscitation
- 10.2 Two Provider Resuscitation
- 10.3 Real Time Resuscitation
- Link to MEAC Post-Test/CE Certificate
MA, CPM, LDMholly@birthingway.edu