Can midwives give a cash discount, self-pay discount, uninsured discount? What about prompt pay?
And...can insured clients be offered a prompt pay discount as well?
What about a discount for financial hardship or sliding scale?
This mini-course from Billing for Midwives identifies dangerous discount strategies, reviews recent court cases, and then covers the safe(r) solutions through real-world examples.
Then, you are provided with a framework, strategy, and downloadable worksheets to create safe(r) discount structures for your practice. This course is best taken after completing BfM's Setting Your Fees. Both are included in BfM's Extended Access, along with other benefits.
Approved by MEAC for 2 hours of continuing education under approval number M2122-97-08202DE through August 31st, 2024.
Jesica Dolin Gutierrez, BSM
Midwife and Founder of HiveCEjesica@HiveCE.com
Dangerous Discounts and Safe(r) SolutionsShow details
- Dangerous Discounts and Recent Litigation
- Articles, Laws & Court Rulings
- A Roadmap for New Physicians: Fraud and Abuse Laws (US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Inspector General)
Self-Pay DiscountsShow details
- Self-Pay Discounts
- Articles and Self-Pay Examples
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health Uninsured Patient Discount Policy
- Edward-Elmhurst Health Discounts
Prompt Pay DiscountsShow details
- Prompt Pay Discounts
- Articles and Prompt Pay Examples
- Skagit Regional Health Prompt Pay Discount Policy (Uninsured only)
- Northern Inyo Healthcare District Prompt Pay Discount Policy (Insured and Uninsured)
- UW Medicine VMC Billing Policies (Insured and Uninsured Prompt Pay Discount)
- Aultman Alliance Community Hospital Financial Assistance Policy (Insured and Uninsured Prompt Pay Discount
Financial Hardship DiscountsShow details
- Financial Hardship Discounts
- Articles and Financial Hardship Discount Examples
- Loyola Medicine Financial Assistance Application
- UCLA Physician Services Financial Assistance Application
- University of Miami Health System FAP Application
- UVM Medical Center Financial Assistance Application
- Legacy Health Financial Assistance Plain Language Explanation
- Legacy Health Financial Assistance Application
- Legacy Health Sliding Scale Chart
Other Discounts, Combos, and WhattaboutsShow details
- But whattabout...
- Methodist Health Self Pay Policy
Crafting Your Safe(r) DiscountsShow details
- BfM Safer Discounts 6 Crafting Your Discount Structure
- BfM Safer Discounts Roadmap
- BfM Crafting Your Own Discount Structure
- Evaluation Questions
Instant Unlimited Access for 2 years
Take the course, print your CE certificate, retain access for later reference.
À la carte price (USD)