Setting your midwifery fees is all about finding that sweet spot - not too high, not too low. But what defines that, and what information do you need to determine the appropriate fees for your area?
This mini-course outlines multiply pathways to those answers, and then holds your hand through the process, with downloadable worksheets, walkthrough videos, and examples.
If you've been overwhelmed by this process in the past, this course is for you!
This course is included in BfM's Extended Access, along with other benefits.
Approved by MEAC for 2 hours of continuing education under approval number M2122-97- 08201DE through August 31st, 2024.
“This was such a helpful course! I just signed up with a billing service and needed to set my fees but had no real idea how and now I not only have a list of fees but a solid understanding of how each one came about. Thank you for including the additional resources and making this so easy to understand! This was the first billing course I've ever attended that was easy to follow.”
Jesica Dolin Gutierrez
Midwife and Founder of HiveCE[email protected]
- Part 1: How To Find The Sweet Spot
- Setting Your Fees Worksheet
- Links to Fee Comparison Tools
- Part 2: Using the Worksheet to Create Your Fee Schedule
- Options for Direct Help
- Consumer Reports Issue Brief November 2016: Consumer-Facing Healthcare Cost and Quality Tools
- How Much More Than Medicare Do Private Insurers Pay? A Review of the Literature (Kaiser Family Foundation)
- Medicare Rates as a Benchmark: Too Much, Too Little or Just Right?
- Evaluation Questions
“Super helpful course guiding through setting fees, why it matters, and the interplay between unbundled and bundled fees. Highly recommend!”
“Super helpful course guiding through setting fees, why it matters, and the interplay between unbundled and bundled fees. Highly recommend!”→Read Less
Choose the enrollment method that best meets your needs:
1. À la carte: Standalone enrollment in this mini-course, which expires after 60 days.
~ or ~
2. Billing for Midwives Extended Access. BfM Extended Access members will enjoy the following benefits:
- Monthly opportunity to schedule a 30-minute private consultation at no additional cost
- Ongoing access to the flagship course, Billing for Midwives, for reference and/or CE*
- Ongoing access to BfM's mini-course Setting Your Fees: Finding That Sweet Spot, for reference and/or MEAC CE
- Ongoing access to BfM's Community Birth Billing Practices and Reimbursement Survey Results
- Ongoing access to BfM's mini-course Safe(r) Discounts, for reference and/or MEAC CE
- Access to new BfM's mini-courses as they are released
“This helped me set my prices and made me more confident to accept insurance.”
À la carte price (USD)