We know that approximately 10-20% of planned community births (homebirth and birth center births) transfer to the hospital when pain medication or labor augmentation is needed, or when complications arise. Yet midwives, emergency services personnel, nurses, and receiving hospital providers don't receive training on how to work together as a care team. We often find ourselves trying to provide care in stressful emergency situations without the information or skills we need to do so effectively.
You are invited to...
Listen to the recording of this live Zoom discussion, with panelists Silke Akerson, CPM, LDM, MPH and Wendy Smith, MD.
Download a flier to facilitate breaking the ice with your local hospital.
Gain access to a special offer for our CE courses on this topic.
- Live Q&I Session with Silke Akerson and Wendy Smith
- Links to Programs Mentioned
- Initiating Midwife-Hospital Communication
- Flier to Initiate Midwife-Hospital Communication
- Special Offer for Our CE Courses on Transfer