In this on-demand webinar from Equity In Midwifery Education, attorney and genderqueer birthing parent Indra Wood Lusero tackles this emotionally charged topic with wisdom and sensitivity.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Explain how The Midwives’ Model of Care is well-suited to meet the needs of people with diverse gender and sexual identities
- Explain the importance and relevance of inclusion and integration
- Describe the history of how we have understood and defined sex and gender
- Describe key concepts including gender identity, biological sex, and gender expression
- Explain best practices in midwifery and healthcare, and the ways in which the interests of midwives and women are aligned with those of transgender folks
- Describe challenges for educators in creating inclusive learning environments and responding to student needs and perspectives
HiveCE is an approved provider of continuing education by the California Board of Nursing, and this course meets the California Board of Nursing criteria for 1.5 hours of continuing education. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 17686, for 1.5 contact hours. (This is widely accepted nationwide as continuing education for nurses and midwives.)
Approved by MEAC for 1.5 hours of continuing education, approval number M1920-14-0919DE through September 30th, 2021; approval number M2122-18-1001DE through September 30th, 2023.
Note: Course completion does not authorize the learner to use skills outside their scope. Please refer to your state guidelines for determining scope of care.
For information regarding our refund policy and other Frequently Asked Questions, please refer to our FAQ. If you have additional questions, please email jesica@HiveCE.com.
“Excellent Presentation - Thanks for the knowledgeable and well-presented information on Gender Affirming Care. ”
“Excellent Presentation - Thanks for the knowledgeable and well-presented information on Gender Affirming Care. ”→Read Less
“Indra is absolutely AMAZING! ”
“Indra is absolutely AMAZING! ”→Read Less
- Sex and Midwifery, Oh My! Creating a Gender Affirming Community
- Evaluation Questions
for CE Credit