Originally created for midwives, now available in this version modified for parents to view directly!
Contains 1 hour of videos, plus optional readings and quizzes, and the opportunity to ask questions of the instructor in the discussion area.
Learn techniques that research has shown to be effective in preventing and correcting back pain. Students will learn how to:
1. Practice inhibitory thinking in order to prevent automatic patterns of neuro-muscular dysfunction. ("Pause")
2. Practiceself-talk that results in increased dynamic postural tone. (“Lighten Up”)
3. Recognizecommon patterns of misalignment to compensate for changes in mass withpregnancy.
4. Employa competent “Position of Mechanical Advantage”(Monkey).
5. Suggestmovement, postural and cognitive strategies totheir clients to mitigatecommon, automatic patternsof compression and misalignment.
Looking for the version that is approved by MEAC and OBNM for 4 hours of continuing education for healthcare providers? You'll find the professional version here.
A fundraiser for the Oregon Midwifery Council.
Eve Bernfeld, MA
Certfiied Alexander Technique Instructoreve@inbalanceat.com
- How To Get The Most Out Of This Class
- Preventing Back Pain Handout (English): This is provided as a resource to you. We highly recommend you download and print it as a reference for you to remember and practice the activities.
- Preventing Back Pain Handout - Spanish
- Video 1.1: Intro and First Exercise
- Video 2.1: The Triplets, and a Proposal
- Video 2.2: Patterns of Balance
- Video 2.3: Pull Up vs Relax vs Lighten Up
- Part 2 Quiz
- Video 3.1: The Waist Is Not A Joint
- Video 3.2: Monkey ~ A Squat Interrupted
- Video 3.3: Fine Tuning the Monkey ~ What About Lordosis?
- Video 3.4: What About Engaging The Core?
- Video 3.5: This Hurts My Knees!
- Video 3.6: A Deeper Monkey For Labor (and The Full Squat)
- Part 3 Quiz
- Video 4.1: How To Balance Extra Mass In The Front
- Video 4.2: Live Audience Q & A
- Part 4 Quiz
Regular Price (USD)
All Courses, MEAC Approved CE, OMC Fundraisers
CE: Preventing Back Pain In Pregnancy (And In Life!)(6)
Approved by MEAC for 4 hours of continuing education for midwives.