Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Summarize the research which explores students’ concerns about their academic learning experiences when they are working across socio-cultural differences
- Discuss insights and approaches to difficult but common areas of discomfiture encountered in the clinical teaching setting
- Describe techniques for engaging students in experiential learning with respect and cultural sensitivity
- Explore the challenges of maintaining a balance between student and client rights and needs which can be challenging
- List strategies for equitable treatment of students and clients who belong to different groups; including difference in race, ethnicity, immigration status, sexual orientation, religion, body size and appearance, ability, age, socioeconomic class, religious faith, and gender.
HiveCE is an approved provider of continuing education by the California Board of Nursing, and this course meets the California Board of Nursing criteria for 1.5 hours of continuing education. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 17686, for 1.5 contact hours. (This is widely accepted nationwide as continuing education for nurses and midwives.)
This course was previously MEAC approved under numbers M1718-37-01117DE and M1920-84-0320DE, through 3/31/2022.
Note: Course completion does not authorize the learner to use skills outside their scope. Please refer to your state guidelines for determining scope of care.
For information regarding our refund policy and other Frequently Asked Questions, please refer to our FAQ. If you have additional questions, please email jesica@HiveCE.com.
DNP, MSN, CNM, RM, RN
- Infusing Equity and Diversity into Clinical Teaching
- Evaluation Questions
for CE Credit
“Wonderful course; I would have LOVED to have more time for discussion at the end. I know time constraints prevented it but I look forward to continuing these important discussions. [We invite you to share your thoughts and/or questions in the onl...”→Read More
“Wonderful course; I would have LOVED to have more time for discussion at the end. I know time constraints prevented it but I look forward to continuing these important discussions. [We invite you to share your thoughts and/or questions in the online discussion area in the online course! -- HiveCE]”→Read Less