Please note that MEAC Certification for this course will expire on 2/1/21.
You will need to complete the course and pass the post-test by 1/31/21.
Those who pass the post-test on or after 2/1/21 will be provided with a HiveCE Certificate for 2 hours of CE.
Over 750 students took the original version of this course.
With changes to ICD-10 since the original course was created in 2015, we decided it was time for an updated and expanded second edition!
Update for 2020:
There are not enough changes to warrant a new edition this year, but we have added the new information for 2020 into this course as Bonus Sections.
ICD-10 was the first full replacement of medical diagnosis coding in 30 years, has 160,000 codes. This was a huge increase from the 17,000 codes of ICD-9. This increase in codes also meant an increase in details on how to correctly assign ICD codes.
This second edition has been updated and expanded, and will give you the midwifery-specific basics regarding ICD-10, so that you can code accurately and properly.
This course has been approved by MEAC for 2 hours of continuing education. The approval number for this course is M1819-35-0222DE , and this approval is current through February 1, 2021.
- 1.1: ICD-10 In A Nutshell
- PDF: Complete Tabular List of ICD-10 Codes for 2019
- PDF: CPT and ICD Grid
- ICD-10 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, 2019
- New Bonus Section for 2020: ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, 2020
- New Bonus Section for 2020: ICD-10 Updates for 2020
- 2.1 Normal Pregnancy
- PDF: Printable Quick Guide Z Codes Grid for Routine Pregnancy Care
- 2.2 Predicting Trimester Specific Coding
- Quiz: Predicting Trimester Specific Codes
- 2.3 Non-Routine Pregnancy
- 2.4 Pregnancy Updates for 2019
- PDF: Printable Quick Guide Codes for Non-Routine Pregnancy Care
- 3.1 Normal Birth, and General Birth Coding Rules
- 3.2 The VBAC Dilemma
- Article: Delivering Accurate Coding Remains A Challenge (Part II)
- 3.3 Special Circumstances During Labor and Birth
- PDF: Printable Quick Guide Codes for Codes for Labor and Birth
- 4.1 Postpartum
- PDF: Printable Quick Guide Codes for Codes for Postpartum
- 5.1 Newborns
- PDF: Printable Quick Guide Codes for Newborns
- MEAC Evaluation Questions
- Instructions for Post-Test and MEAC CE Certificate
- About This Section
- New ICD-10 Codes for Covid-19
- Telehealth and Other Special Circumstances for Billing During Covid-19 Pandemic
- Coding for Telemedicine
- HIPAA Exceptions During Covid-19
“Lots of good information and worksheets to help understand coding for midwives.”
“Lots of good information and worksheets to help understand coding for midwives.”→Read Less
“Simple, fast and easy to understand. You took the dread out of it for me, anyway. Thank you”
“Simple, fast and easy to understand. You took the dread out of it for me, anyway. Thank you”→Read Less
“Gave me just what I needed--I don't intend to go into billing.”
“Gave me just what I needed--I don't intend to go into billing.”→Read Less
All Courses, MEAC Approved CE
Billing for Midwives(18)
This course provides 14 hours of MEAC approved CE available instantly upon enrollment, plus additional bonus content!