Over 750 students took the original version of this course.
With changes to ICD-10 since the original course was created in 2015, we decided it was time for an updated and expanded second edition!
ICD-10 was the first full replacement of medical diagnosis coding in 30 years, has 160,000 codes. This was a huge increase from the 17,000 codes of ICD-9. This increase in codes also meant an increase in details on how to correctly assign ICD codes.
This second edition has been updated and expanded, and will give you the midwifery-specific basics regarding ICD-10, so that you can code accurately and properly.
This course has been approved by MEAC for 2 hours of continuing education. The approval number for this course is M1819-35-0222DE , and this approval is current through February 1, 2021.
- 1.1: ICD-10 In A Nutshell
- PDF: Complete Tabular List of ICD-10 Codes for 2019
- PDF: CPT and ICD Grid
- ICD-10 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, 2019
- 2.1 Normal Pregnancy
- PDF: Printable Quick Guide Z Codes Grid for Routine Pregnancy Care
- 2.2 Predicting Trimester Specific Coding
- Quiz: Predicting Trimester Specific Codes
- 2.3 Non-Routine Pregnancy
- 2.4 Pregnancy Updates for 2019
- PDF: Printable Quick Guide Codes for Non-Routine Pregnancy Care
- ICD-10 Updates for 2019 (ACOG)
- 3.1 Normal Birth, and General Birth Coding Rules
- 3.2 The VBAC Dilemma
- Article: Delivering Accurate Coding Remains A Challenge (Part II)
- 3.3 Special Circumstances During Labor and Birth
- PDF: Printable Quick Guide Codes for Codes for Labor and Birth
- 4.1 Postpartum
- PDF: Printable Quick Guide Codes for Codes for Postpartum
- 5.1 Newborns
- PDF: Printable Quick Guide Codes for Newborns
- Instructions for Post-Test and MEAC CE Certificate
“This is very easy to understand. It begins to take the mystery out of billing.”
“This is very easy to understand. It begins to take the mystery out of billing.”→Read Less
“Simple, fast and easy to understand. You took the dread out of it for me, anyway. Thank you”
“Simple, fast and easy to understand. You took the dread out of it for me, anyway. Thank you”→Read Less
“I would love to move on to another course on CPT codes”
“I would love to move on to another course on CPT codes”→Read Less
All Courses, CE For Midwives, MEAC Approved CE
Billing for Midwives(15)
10 hours of MEAC approved CE available instantly upon enrollment, plus live bonus sessions!