This on-demand webinar from Equity In Midwifery Education is appropriate for midwives, nurses, and all perinatal healthcare providers and instructors.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify strategies to promote anti-racist content throughout curriculum.
- Describe and apply these educational frameworks to midwifery curriculum: Structural competency, Critical race theory, Reproductive justice
- Apply “curriculum threading” of race and racism to curriculum.
- Utilize a “strengths-based” approach to education while promoting positive learning experiences for students of color.
HiveCE is an approved provider of continuing education by the California Board of Nursing, and this course meets the California Board of Nursing criteria for 1.5 hours of continuing education. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 17686, for 1.5 contact hours. (This is widely accepted nationwide as continuing education for nurses and midwives.)
This course has been approved by MEAC for 1.5 hours of continuing education. The MEAC approval number for this course is M2021-78-06302DE, and this approval is current through July 31, 2023.
Previously MEAC approved under M1718-09-0728DE, July 2017 through July 2019.
Note: Course completion does not authorize the learner to use skills outside their scope. Please refer to your state guidelines for determining scope of care.
For information regarding our refund policy and other Frequently Asked Questions, please refer to our FAQ. If you have additional questions, please email jesica@HiveCE.com.
- Webinar Replay: Curriculum Tools for Discussing Race and Racism in Midwifery
- Evaluation Questions
for CE Credit