Do you know how to...
- Discuss with clients their individualized needs for trauma informed care?
- Design a plan with clients to avoid triggers and re-traumatization?
- Predict how a trauma history may lead to Postpartum Depression, and select assessment tools and appropriate treatment actions?
Learn all that and more!
Check out the full curriculum below for details.
Note: While the course covers issues of general trauma history that will be relevant to previous birth trauma, it does not specifically address previous birth trauma.
This course has been approved by MEAC for 4 hours of continuing education. The approval number for this course is M1920-27-1031DE, and this approval is current through October 23rd, 2021.
Approved for the NARM Midwifery Bridge Certificate, Category 3.
- 1.1 Welcome!
- 1.2 Before We Start
- 1.3 Stories ~ "Janet"
- 1.4 Stories ~ "Linda"
- 1.5 Stories - "Valerie"
- 2.1 What is trauma?
- 2.2 PMD Risk Factors vs Trauma Survivor Data
- 2.3 A Surprising Discovery in an NIH Study
- 3.1 Trauma Statistics By Race
- 3.2 Domestic Violence, Firearms, and Stalking
- Printable PDF: Home Firearm Questions
- Printable PDF: Creating A Safety Plan
- 3.3 Adult Sexual Violence and Human Trafficking
- 3.4 Trauma from War and Natural Disasters
- 4.1 Developing Options for Disclosure
- Printable PDF: Developing Intake Questions
- 4.2 Increasing Voluntary Disclosures
- Printable PDF: National Resources for Intimate Partner Violence
- 4.3 Identifying Suspected Trauma Without Disclouse
- Printable PDF: Identifying Trauma Survivors in the Absence of Disclosure
- 5.1 Clinical Presentation by Age and Frequency of Abuse
- 5.2 Identifying Triggers
- 5.3 Taking The Punch Out Of Triggers
- 5.4 Addressing Self-Harm
- 5.5 Considering Co-Care
- 5.6 Essential Elements of Care
- 6.1 Why Understanding Relational Needs and Coping Mechanisms Matter
- Printable PDF: Meeting the Relational Needs of Trauma-Impacted People
- 6.2 Aggrieved/Adoring
- 6.3 Submissive
- 6.4 Crisis Oriented
- 6.5 Control Driven
- 6.6 Detatched
- 6.7 Story of Dissociation at Birth
- 6.8 Self-Focused
- 7.1 Postpartum Care
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS)
- 7.2 Healing In Community
- 7.3 Maintaining Your Own Emotional Health
- MEAC Evaluation Questions
- MEAC Post-Test and CE Certificate